We’re thrilled to announce that MCP are finalists in this year’s Herts Business Awards for the ‘Supporting Young People’ Award. This award recognises the commitment given to helping young people through education and into employment.
- Our entry highlighted the many ways in which we help young people to discover their capabilities and flourish in the workplace. We showed how we:
· Support and nurture young people though apprenticeships and work experience
· Go into schools and colleges to talk about the diversity of roles available for boys and girls in housing repairs, maintenance and construction and how the industry can offer them a career and security for the future
· Help young people to gain confidence through experience
· Support young people in the community, with a particular emphasis on giving disadvantaged youngsters a lifeline through work opportunities
· Support charities such as Herts Young Homeless and Teens Unite
· Utilise young minds in terms of technology know-how and creativity
· Involve young people in fun days out, school talks, fundraising events, sporting events and training
We’re proud of the work that we do to support younger generations, but most of all we are proud of all of the young people who have come through our doors with a dream, prepared to work hard, and for helping to keep us all young!
Fingers crossed for the finals evening on 22nd November. Wish us luck!